UEW Admission into Full-Time Undergraduate Programmes 2019/2020
These are the basic requirements to be satisfied to qualify for admission into the University. They are to be met together with other programme-specific requirements.
(Click here for details of programme-specific requirements or download the attached UEW Admissions Brochure).
How to Apply
1. Obtain an Application Voucher from the Ghana Post Company Limited or from any of the following Banks/Sources: GCB Bank, Agric. Development Bank (ADB), Ecobank, Zenith Bank, Unibank, Fidelity Bank, Republic Bank and VISA Credit/Debit Card. International Students should use VISA card.
2. Visit the University’s website at www.uew.edu.gh. Click on Admissions, and select Apply Online >>>. Log in with your Voucher Serial Number and PIN, fill an appropriate application form and submit online.
Cost of Online Application Forms (Bachelor’s degree and Diploma programmes)
- Direct Applicants – GH¢200.00
- Mature Applicants – GH¢300.00
- All Post-Diploma Applicants – GH¢200.00
- Fee-paying facility is available to applicants who do not meet the competitive selection cut-offs but satisfy the minimum university requirements.
- Special Education applicants should pass the entrance examination in their second programme before selection.
- Successful applicants of Ghanaian Language would be given the opportunity to offer a second subject in English/French/Linguistics/German.
- Physical Education and Sports Coaching applicants should not be more than Forty (40) and Fifty (50) years respectively.
- Submitting an application with supporting documents is the first step in the selection process. Applicants are entreated to study the admissions brochure carefully before completing an application.
- All certificates and results other than those from the West African Examinations Council, the Universities and Polytechnics in Ghana and institutions accredited by the National Accreditation Board should be cleared with the National Accreditation Board and the evaluation report submitted to the University. You can call 0302-518630, 286013/14, 518570 for assistance.
- Thursday, 6th June, 2019 – Special Education candidates only (SAT). Paper starts at 3:00pm.
- Friday, 7th June, 2019 – Subject Area Test (SAT) for all Mature candidates including Special Education candidates. Paper starts at 8:00am.
- Saturday, 8th June, 2019 – General Aptitude Test for all Mature candidates. Paper starts at 8:00am.
The venues for the Regular Session will be the respective campuses selected at the application stage.
Closing Date for Submission of Application Forms
Direct Applicants: 31st May, 2019
Mature Applicants: 31st May, 2019
Post-Diploma Applicants: 31st May, 2019
1. Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
WASSCE/ SSSCE Certificate Holders
(i) At least six (6) WASSCE Credit Passes (A1-C6), including three (3) Core subjects (English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies) and three (3) relevant Elective subjects. with a total aggregate of 36 or better. OR
(ii) At least six (6) SSSCE Credit Passes (A-D), including three (3) Core subjects (English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies) and three (3) relevant Elective subjects, with a total aggregate of 24 or better.
(iii) Applicants must satisfy the Programme Specific Requirement(s) for the Programme(s) chosen. (Please see details in the Admissions Brochure)
School Certificate/GCE holders
GCE ‘A’ Level passes in two (2) relevant subjects (other than General Paper), plus five (5) Credits at GCE ‘O’ Level, including English Language and Mathematics.
Applicants with GCE results which are more than five (5) years old should apply as Mature Applicants.
Baccalaureate and other Foreign Qualifications
Applicants will be considered on recommendation and establishment of equivalence by the National Accreditation Board. Otherwise, candidates may apply as Mature Applicants.