KNUST Graduation 2018/19
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) will hold its 2018 graduation from Tuesday, July 4th to Saturday, July 8th.
The event which marks the 51st Congregation of the University will take place at the school’s Great Hall Auditorium.
At around 12:50 pm on Friday, June 30, 2018, students who have completed their respective courses were on campus to collect their graduation gowns for the graduation ceremony next week.
Speaking to FocusFmOnline, some students expressed their excitement towards the ceremony and expectations before and after their National Service programmes.
‘‘I wouldn’t have to wake up in the morning to come to class, so I’m very happy. Since there are not much jobs in the country, there should be more motivation to students. Students should be encouraged to take up challenges outside their scopes of study and also to use their brains as they go out there,’’ Vivian Amponsah Fordjour, who is graduating with a French degree, told FocusFmOnline.
After four years of studying Disability and Rehabilitation, Gifty was hopeful she could benefit society in the course of her work as she graduates from the university.
‘‘I am very excited because we started with a lot of people who are not with us now. Once we are alive, we have to give thanks to God. I expect to get a good job after my service and I am very optimistic that I will be helpful to communities in the course of my duty,’’ she told Gad Boakye of FocusFmOnline.
Some students also used the opportunity to call on the government to create more jobs to accommodate graduates from the various tertiary schools across the country.
Tuesday July 4, 2018
• 0900 Morning Session: Law, Sociology & Social Work, Modern Languages, English, Geography & Rural Development
• 1400 Afternoon Session: Business, History & Political Studies, Economics, Culture & Tourism, Religious Studies, K-AISWAM
Wednesday July 5, 2018
• 0900 Morning Session: Faculty of Built Environment
• 1200 Midday Session: Agriculture, Renewable Natural Resources, Forest Resources Technology
• 1500 Afternoon Session: Faculty of Art
Thursday, July 6, 2018
• 0900 Morning Session: Allied Health Sciences, Medical Sciences, Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dental School, Veterinary Medicine
• 1400 Afternoon Session: Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Food Science and Technology, Optometry and Visual Science, Theoretical and Applied Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics
Friday July 7, 2018
• 0900 Morning Session: Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Geomatic Engineering (Geodetic Engineering), Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Geological Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Petrochemical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering.
• 1400 Afternoon Session: Institute of Distance Learning (IDL), All Undergraduate Programmes and Postgraduate Programmes (IDL): Commonwealth Executive Masters in Business Administration (CEMBA), Commonwealth Executive Masters in Public Administration (CEMPA), Business Consulting and Enterprise Risk Management, Educational Innovation and Leadership Science, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Development Management, MSc Accounting.
Saturday, July 8, 2018
• 0900 Morning Session: School of Graduate Studies (SGS), All Postgraduate Programmes