Wisconsin International University College (WIUC)
Wisconsin International University College is one of the earliest established private universities in Ghana. It is located at Agbogba Junction near Kwabenya in the Greater Accra Region of Ghana. It was established in January 2000 and is accredited by the National Accreditation Board as a university college and affiliated to the University of Ghana, University of Cape Coast and the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.
The establishment of the University College was initiated and facilitated by Dr. John Buuck, President of Wisconsin International University (WIU) in the United States of America and Rev. Dr. Paul K. Fynn of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Ghana in 1998. It received its Interim Accreditation in January 2000 under the name University College of Wisconsin International University – Ghana (UCWIU-Gh). It was thus one of the first private universities to receive accreditation. It began its operations in August 2000 under Rev. David Asante Dartey as the Director and Togbe Kwao Anipati IV as Dean of Academic Studies with nine International MBA students, the first MBA programme to be run by a Private University in Ghana.
Established as a Limited Liability Company, Wisconsin International University College, Ghana (WIUC-Gh) has been accredited by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) and is affiliated to the University of Ghana, Legon and the university of Cape Coast and recently to Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST)
To provide the opportunity for young men and women from Ghana as well as the rest of Africa to acquire the knowledge and skills relevant to successful careers and fulfillment in an increasingly globalizing and competitive world.
The mission of the university is to;
Train and develop skillful and competent professionals for business, Information and Communication Technology and Entrepreneurship.
To ensure that its graduates are not marginalized in the knowledge and expertise required for the management of modern global organizations
To provide a broad-based adult and continuing education for the knowledge society in Ghana and Africa.
The University offers programmes at the undergraduate and Post Graduate levels as well as professional and Certificate courses.
The University’s undergraduate programme has 4 schools, 2 faculties and 8 teaching departments. Postgraduate programmes fall under the School of Research and Graduate Studies. The University also runs a Diploma in IT course, short courses aimed at professionals, as well as Certificate programmes responsive to demand and market trends.
School of Research and Graduate Studies
MA Adult Education
- Options in Rural and Community Development/Human Resource Development
- Options in Finance/ Project Management/ Human Resource Management/ Marketing/ Accounting/ Management Information Systems
- Environmental Sustainability and Management
Wisconsin Business School
Department of General Business Studies
- BA Business Studies, General Business
Department of Management Studies
- BA Business Studies, Human Resource Management
- BA Business Studies, Marketing
Department of Accounting, Finance and Banking
- BA Business Studies, Banking and Finance
- BA Business Studies, Accounting
- BSc. Accounting
School of Computing and Information Technology
Department of Business Computing
- BA Computer Science and Management
- BSc. Management and Computer Studies
Department of Information Technology
- BSc. Information Technology
- Diploma – Information Technology
School of Nursing
Department of Nursing
- BSc Nursing
School of Communication
- BA Communication Studies
Faculty of Law
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B)
Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities
Department of Language, Arts and Communication Studies
Department of Social Sciences
- BA Rural Development and Ecotourism
- BSc. Economics
- Wisconsin International University Homepage
- University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast
- University of Ghana
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- No. 23 Akoto Bamfo Street, off Agbogba Road, North Legon, Accra.
- Postal Address: Box LG 751, Legon.
- Telephone: 0302-504391
- Telephone: 0302-504399
- Telephone: 0544-853383
- FAX: 0302- 501491
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org