Valley View University (VVU)
The Valley View University is a private university located in Oyibi, Accra in the Greater Accra Region of Ghana. It forms part of a worldwide system of over 100 tertiary institutions operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
It is a part of the Seventh-day Adventist education system, the world’s second largest Christian school system.
Valley View University was established in 1979 by the West African Union Mission of Seventh-day Adventists. In 1997 it was absorbed into the Adventist University system operated by the West Central Africa Division (WAD) now West Central African Division of Seventh-day Adventist with headquarters in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire. The Ghana Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, (organized in 2000), serves as the local manager of the University.
The University was initially called the Adventist Missionary College (AMC) and was located at Bekwai-Ashanti. It was transferred to Adenta near Accra in 1983 where it operated in rented facilities until it was relocated to its present site near Oyibi (kilometre 31 on the Accra-Dodowa Road) in 1989. It was renamed Valley View College.
The Adventist Accrediting Association (AAA) has, since 1983, been evaluating and reviewing the accreditation status of the institution. In 1995, the University was affiliated to Griggs University in Silver Springs, Maryland, USA. This allowed the University to offer four years’ bachelor’s degrees in Theology and Religious Studies. Then in 1997, the National Accreditation Board (NAB) of the Ministry of Education in Ghana granted Valley View College national accreditation thus permitting her to award her own degrees. Thus, Valley View University became the first private institution in Ghana to be granted national accreditation.
The University serves students from all over the world. It admits qualified students regardless of their religious background, provided such students accept the Christian principles and lifestyle which forms the basis for the University’s operations.
Valley View University, a Seventh – day Adventist institution, emphasizes academic, spiritual vocational and technological excellence in a context that prepares lives for service to God and humanity.
To be a leading Centre of Excellence in Christian Education
Our Core Values
VVU seeks to pass on a passion for excellence, integrity and service.
- Excellence- The commitment to attain higher standards and expectations.
- Integrity – A life that matches convictions with actions. Integrity encompasses honesty, authenticity and trust worthiness
- Service – The willingness to serve God and humanity in a selfless manner.
Passing on a passion for…
- …excellence,integrity, and service
- The result of caring more than others think is wise;
- Risking more than others think is safe;
- Dreaming more than others think is practical; and,
- Expecting more than others think is possible.
- Acting consistently not because we want the endorsement of others;
- Discovering and doing what in life is worth doing
- Dedication to the pursuit of moral life; and
- the state of being unimpaired; soundness.
- giving the best of one’s self for the better of others
Admissions and Records
- Hot line: +233-307-011832
- Email: email@example.com