Methodist University College Ghana (MUCG)
The Methodist University College Ghana is a private university in Ghana. It is located at Accra in the Greater Accra Region. It was established in October 2000 by the Methodist Church Ghana after being granted accreditation by the National Accreditation Board in August 2000. Academic work started in November 2000 at the Wesley Grammar School campus.
Methodist University College Ghana is a private tertiary institution. Methodist University admits students of any race, colour, national and ethnic origin to all the programs, activities, rights and privileges made available to students of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national and ethnic origin in admissions policies, athletic and other school administered programs. Methodist University College Ghana does not have any political affiliations in Ghana or abroad. Methodist University College Ghana will work with all interested parties in achieving its educational mission of Morality, Excellence and Service
To promote and develop academic excellence, spirituality, morality and service within the Ghanaian society.
To impart knowledge and skills in disciplines relevant to national development within the context of general global development, and at the same time an all-round development of the student mentally, physically and spiritually on the basis of Christian principles.
The university has five faculties. Each is made up of departments which report to their respective deans.
Faculty of Business Administration
- Accounting Department
- Banking and Finance Department
- Human Resource Management and Management Studies Department
- Marketing Department
Faculty of Arts and General Studies
- Languages Department
- General Studies Department
- Religious Studies and Department
- Music and Theatre Studies Department
Faculty of Social Studies
- Economics Department
- Psychology Department
- Social Work Department
Faculty of Informatics and Mathematical Sciences
- Information Technology Department
- Mathematics and Statistics Departments
- Actuarial Science
Faculty of Applied Sciences
- General Agriculture and Agribusiness Department.
- Agroprocessing Department
- Nursing Department.
There are three campuses.
- Dansoman Campus: This is the main campus of the university, in an Accra suburb.
- Tema Campus: Satellite campus on the premises of the Tema Methodist Day Secondary School.
- Wenchi Campus: B.Sc. General Agriculture, Diploma in General Nursing, Certificate programmes in Agrobusiness, Agro-processing and Horticulture are run from this campus
How To Find UsP.O. Box DC 940, Dansoman Accra
Opposite Wesley Grammar SHS
Reception: 0302 312 9800307 021 268 / 0577 67 47 57 Fax: 0302 312989