Knutsford University College
The need for education in the growth and development of civil society, industry and nations is becoming more imperative than ever and would be even more challenging in the centuries to come. However, one of the greatest problems still pending at our time as noted by Thomas Moore in the sixteenth century is that many are schooled but few are educated. Education is not the compiling on of knowledge, skills and/ or abilities, but the application of these to ensure societal wellbeing, progress and happiness. Proper quality education is needed to prepare graduates to provide real and effective solutions to societal, industrial and national needs and challenges; and as a consequence, improve the livelihood of mankind. This is the philosophy of Knutsford (University) College education.
Knutsford is a private, government-accredited liberal, science and technologically focused University College, established and incorporated under the laws of the Republic of Ghana. Its primary objective is to educate and develop talents to meet the needs of society. Accordingly, it provides unique and excellent university education of the 21st century and beyond, defined in scholarship, professionalism and integrity, to all qualified Ghanaians, Africans and students of the global community.
Aims & Objectives
The University College’s key objective is to produce graduates who are well prepared to make a difference in their applied fields and determined to advance further, the development of society, industry and nations. We seek to:
- Produce graduates who are religious, analytical, critical, creative, and reflective-thinkers, complex problem-solvers, right and disciplined decision makers.
- Develop innovators, strategists and entrepreneurs who are receptive to new ideas.
- Produce graduates who listen attentively and communicate succinctly with clarity and precision to context.
- Produce graduates who are well equipped with research and presentation skills.
- Produce graduates who competently use computer and modern communication technology.
- Train graduates to accept responsibilities and obligations, work in a self-directed manner, value time, prioritise activities, and critically monitor their own progress and performance.
- Train graduates to be cooperative, responsive, and productive team members.
- Train graduates to appreciate diversity and consider issues from a global perspective.
- Produce graduates who possess a great sense of community, moral, ethical and professional responsibility for the services of society and industry.
Knutsford University College is committed to educating people and developing talents for service, leadership and societal wellbeing through quality research, hands-on practice and modern teaching and learning approaches.
To become one of the world’s best university that produces creative leaders, scholars, and professionals with character, purposeful lives, and distinctive stewardship.
Motto: The Lord is our Strength
Degrees & Programmes
Knutsford degrees and programmes are well accredited, well-rounded, thorough, and rigorous. The degrees’ main objective is to produce graduates who are:
- ‘All round’ scholars particularly in their chosen field of study or specialisation to provide intellectual solutions to societal challenges.
- Skilful, competent, practical oriented, entrepreneurial, and internationally focused in their chosen field of study or specialisation toward providing technical solutions to societal problems.
- Honest, responsible, dependable and trustworthy and are committed to moral principles, professional ethics and religious values to deepen hope in society.
Knutsford continuously reviews its curricular to ensure the production of graduates who meet the demands of the continually changing needs and expectations of employers, industries, economies, nations.
Its continuous curricular review ensures the production of graduates who meet the demands of a continually changing needs and expectations of employers, industries, economies, countries and society.
Currently, the Knutsford Business School offers:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration (Finance)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration (Organisation Development & HRM)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration (General Management)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration (Management Information Systems)
The Knutsford School of Science and Technology offers:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Technology
10 Bamako Road, East Legon Close to the Univ. of Ghana and Behind Mensvic Hotel Phone: