Central University College (CU)
The Central University was founded by the International Central Gospel Church (ICGC) in Accra, Ghana. It started off as a pastoral training institute in 1988. It was then known as the Central Bible College by June 1991. It later became the Central Christian College in 1993 and eventually became the Central University College in 1997. Among the stated aims of the university is to provide an “integrated and biblically-based tertiary education with particular reference to the needs of the African continent”. It is currently the biggest private university in Ghana.
Central University is an educational Initiative of the International Central Gospel Church (ICGC).
It has its origins in a short-term Pastoral training institute, which was started in October 1988 by ICGC. It was later incorporated, in June 1991 under the name, Central Bible College. In 1993, the name was changed again to Central Christian College. The College later upgraded its programmes to the baccalaureate level, and in line with national aspirations, expanded its programmes to include an integrated and practice oriented business school, named Central Business School.
To reflect its new status as a liberal arts tertiary institution, the university was re-christened Central University College in 1998. The National Accreditation Board has since accredited it as a tertiary Institution. It is co-educational with equal access for male and female enrolment. Central University has six (6) faculties/schools, namely the School of Theology and Missions (STM), Central Business School (CBS), the School of Applied Sciences (SAS), School of Research & Graduate Studies, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS ) and Faculty of Law.
Commitment to nurturing a vibrant academic community conducive for the study,
creation and dissemination of knowledge through research, training and service
Raising virtuous and Transformational leaders for our world
The University has four schools and two faculties
Faculty of Law
This is the newest school established at the Miotso campus.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B)
School of Theology and Missions
The oldest of the schools, it was started in 1988 as a pastoral training institute thus predating the university.
- Department of Biblical and Theological Studies
- Department of Historical Theology
- Department of Practical Theology
Central Business School
This school was established in 1997.
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Finance
- Department of Agribusiness Management
- Department of Management and Public Administration
- Department of Human Resource Management
- Department of Marketing
School of Applied Sciences
This is located on the Miosto campus.
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Natural Sciences
- Department of Nursing Studies and Practice
- Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Department of Physician Assistantship Studies
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
This is the third school created. It is located on the Dawhenya campus. It was established in October 2006)
- Department of Communication Studies
- Department of Environment and Development Studies
- Department of English Language
- Department of Economics
- Department of French
Graduate School of Business
- Master of Business Administration Master of Business Administration programme with a duration of 18 calendar months. Designed to provide an intensive quality post-graduate education in business and management within a supportive collaborative environment. An intensive foreign language training programme (French and Chinese) as well as a Personal Professional Development Programme of study is
The University occupies the following campus locations
Miotso (permanent campus)
This consists of expanding number of structures on the 248-acre (1.00 km2) plot of land. It houses the new ‘face’ of CU. Miotso is 58.2 km away from Accra Central. This permanent campus accommodates the Central Business School(CBS), the School of Applied Sciences (SAS), the Faculty of Law and The Faculty of art and social science. Also the administration section of the University College is also located here.
The Mataheko campus is located in the heart of Accra near Kaneshie. The University has four campuses located within the Mataheko area for lecture halls and administrative offices. These campuses serve also the Central Business School and Administration and the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
The School of Theology and Missions is housed here.
Christ Temple Graduate School Campus
This campus houses the Graduate School of Business which runs the Master of Business Administration programme with duration of eighteen calendar months. Designed to provide an intensive quality post-graduate education in business and management within a supportive collaborative environment.
The Kumasi campus is located at Calvary Charismatic Church (CCC) close to the KNUST and Ayigya Police Station.
- University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities, USA
- Association of African Universities
University of Ghana and Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
Central University College
Address: P. O. Box DS. 2310, Dansoman, Accra
Telephone Number: 233-302-311040-1/313185
Email Address: email@example.com
University Website: http://www.centraluniversity.org