KNUST Distance Learning Forms 2018/2019
Sale of Application Forms for 2018/2019 Academic Year
IDL Postgraduate, Undergraduate & Diploma Programmes
The Institute of Distance Learning, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, wishes to inform prospective students and the general public that Application Forms for Admission to the following Post-Graduate and Top-Up Programmes of the University through the Distance Learning Mode for the 2018/2019 Academic Year are now on Sale.
General Entry Requirement for 4-Year Undergraduate Degree Programmes
Applicants must possess any ONE of following:
- WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits (A1-C6/A-D Respectively) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6/ A-D) in Three Elective Subjects with an Aggregate Score of 24 or better in the relevant Area of Study.
- ADVANCED LEVEL Holders with credits in at least Five (5) subjects at the GCE ‘O’ Level (or its equivalent) including English Language and Mathematics, plus at least two passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level.
- MATURE STUDENTS who have attained the age of 25 years or above at the time of Application and have credits in Five (5) GCE ‘O Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics, in addition to passing an Entrance Examination and /or Interview.
- INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE OR FOREIGN APPLICANTS (online application only) and all others who have any of the above qualifications or their equivalent from an accredited/recognized institution.
Cost of Application Form
E-voucher cost is as follows:
- All Postgraduate Programmes (Including Entrance Examination fees) – GH¢ 250.00 for Ghanaian Applicants and $250 for Foreign Applicants
- All Undergraduate Programmes – GH¢ 190.00 for Ghanaian Applicants and $190 for Foreign Applicants
- Diploma Programmes – Purchase Banker’s Draft GH¢ 100.00 payable to KNUST Institute of Distance Learning.
How to Apply
Applicants SHOULD Carefully Read All the Following Instructions To The End Before Starting The Application Process.
- Purchase an Online Application e-voucher from Ecobank, HFC Bank, GCB Bank, UniBank, Fidelity Bank, Universal Merchant Bank and Access Bank and APPLY ONLINE. Applicants should follow carefully the instructions on the voucher.
- E-vouchers may also be purchased by bankers’ draft payable to the KNUST Institute of Distance Learning from the following IDL Centres
- KUMASI– The Office of the Director, Institute of Distance Learning, Caseley Hayford, KNUST Campus, Tel 024 727 4661 or 032 249 1138 or 050 048 2885.
- ACCRA– Old KNUST Guest House near ECO-BANK Head Quarters; contact Michael on Tel. 050 048 2875 or KNUST Accra City Campus, Kwabenya; contact Luke on Tel: 054 692 4824 .
- SUNYANI– Univ. of Energy and Natural Resources. Contact Mr. Alfred Appiah on Tel: 050 048 2877
- TECHIMAN-BACCSOD Techiman Branch Office, Contact Mr. Toura on 020 578 2024
- HO– Ho Polytechnic, Volta Region, Contact: Mr. Elvis Emmanuel Aboagye, Tel 050 048 2873
- TAKORADI– Takoradi Polytechnic, Contact: Mr. Opintan-Baah, Tel 050 048 2883
- KOFORIDUA– Gratis Foundation; Contact Mr. Foster Ofori, Tel. 0244811805 or Fedelia 0500482874
- TAMALE– Tamale Polytechnic, Contact Dr. Abubakari Abdul-Razak, Tel. 0500482879
- BOLGATANGA– Bolga Secondary School, Contact Mr. Zoogah Mukasa, Tel. 020 828 8666
- WA Centre: Jihann Training College, Contact Mr. Dominic Wanaa, Tel. 050 048 2878
- TARKWA, Contact Mr. Kenneth Twumasi on Tel. 0247845460 or 050 126 1054
- CAPE COAST: Cape Coast Polytechnic, Contact Mr. K. A. Simpson, Tel. 0500482882
- AKOSOMBO: Mr. Moses A. Korda Tel. 0500482881
- All Applicants SHOULD visit the (Admission Portal) and complete an Online Application using the e-voucher provided.
- Two (2) copies of the online application should be printed and posted to The Director, Institute Of Distance Learning, KNUST-Kumasi, Ghana together with all relevant certificates and other required documents.
- Applicants Must Include In Their Application Forms Certified True Copies of Their Certificates and 2 Referees’ Report.
- Applicants Must Ensure That They Purchase Distance Learning Forms and NOT Regular KNUST Forms To Avoid Complication.
- Only Results And/or Documents Provided By Applicants At The Time Of Submission Of Their Applications Shall Be Considered.
- The Date for the CEMBA/CEMPA Entrance Examination/Admission shall be announced in due course. All Applicants Would be Required To Take The Test At Their Selected Centres.
- The COMPLETED ONLINE FORMS should be printed and posted using EMS envelope and should reach: The Director, Institute Of Distance Learning, KNUST-Kumasi, Ghana by WEDNESDAY, 31st MAY, 2018
- PLEASE NOTE: Programmes would be mounted depending on the number of qualified applicants and at only centres with the requisite number of qualified applicants. (Please contact IDL office for details)
- Facilitation may be a blend of online and face-to-face sessions on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) at the proposed Centres mentioned above.
- FOR MORE INFORMATION and in depth knowledge about the Programmes, VISIT idl website or CALL 024 727 4661 or 032 249 1138 or 050 048 2885