The Academic Information Manager (AIM) is a mobile app for students of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology. Developed by the University Information Technology Services (UITS). It is a mobile companion of the online student portal which is also a part of KNUST Academic Record Management Information System (ARMIS). It’s main objective is to bring functions of the online student portal to mobile devices.
UPDATING BIO DATA
1. To edit your profile tap on the profile icon from the home screen. You can also tap on the menu icon or swipe from the left to reveal the navigation drawer and then tap Bio.
2. Once the Bio is launched, tap on the edit button to enter edit mode. NOTE You will be required to enter your 4 digit pin code in order to edit your bio data.
3. Make changes as desired and tap the save button to save. NOTE It is important to update your profile with your active phone number and email.
SETUP & LOGIN
AIM is currently available for the Android operating system and can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or here. It can also be accessed through a link on the login page of the Online Student Portal.
NOTE AIM needs an active internet connection for setup and login. The following steps.
1. Once AIM has been launched, enter student number and tap the NEXT button. NOTE AIM will fetch the student name and picture corresponding to the entered student number. Confirm details before continuing. You can press back on your device to re-enter student number if it was wrongly entered.
2. Enter username and password and tap LOGIN button
3. Create a 4-digit pin code. NOTE This pin is used to protect sensitive data like results, registration and biodata.
4. Repeat the entered code to confirm.
Editing of personal records
Instant Messaging with course mates
Results Checking of current and previous semesters
Semester Registration of courses
Fees checking and download of bills
Access to news from university website
Important info from the university
Google Maps Integration