University of Education Winneba Vacancy
- THE POSITION.
- Qualification and Experience.
- TERMS OF APPOINTMENT.
- MODE OF APPLICATION AND CLOSING DATE.
- The Registrar OR The Registrar.
The University of Education, Winneba, announces for the information of the University Community and the General Public, vacancy for PLANNING OFFICER.
Candidate seeking appointment as Planning Officer must have served in a University as Deputy Planning Officer for a minimum of five years or have a minimum of ten years post-qualification experience in an analogous institution.
Qualification and Experience
Candidates seeking the position must:
- Possess a minimum of Masters Degree in Educational Planning or equivalent professional qualification in the relevant field.
- Have at least minimum of five (5) years Post-qualification or working experience in Senior Management position in the field of Planning in tertiary institution, industry or any relevant public service organization;
- Must be a computer literate;
- Relevant experience in tertiary education management and administration at a senior level will be an advantage.
- Provides input to matters pertaining to academic planning and development of the University.
- Establish a result-based monitoring and evaluation systems
- The annual statistical analysis and reporting on staff, students, infrastructure and research records.
- Monitoring policy developments related to the tertiary education sector;
- Assist in providing organized data to all major stakeholders;
- Coordinate and arrange data on the Basic Statistics for matriculation & congregation each year.
- Responsible for preparation and control of the department’s budget.
- Coordinate the activities of the Units under the office.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The appointment is full-time with very attractive conditions and benefits.
MODE OF APPLICATION AND CLOSING DATE
- Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should please download application forms (Senior Member Position) from the University of Education, Winneba Website (www.uew.edu.gh) for completion.
- Fifteen (15) copies of the completed application forms should be accompanied with 15 copies of comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of Certificates and other relevant documents.
- Fifteen copies of a two-page statement of candidate’s vision for the Planning Office.
- Applicants should request two (2) referees to submit written reports on them directly to the address below:
The Registrar OR The Registrar
University of Education, Winneba C/o The Office Manager
P. O. Box 25 University of Ghana Overseas Office
Winneba Ghana Universities House
321 City Road
London ECIV ILJ
Lecturers/Senior Lecturers/Associate Professors/Professors- Hospitality
- Planning and preparing lessons
- Teaching across a range of qualification types and levels, in day or evening classes or open access workshops
- Researching and developing new topics, courses and teaching materials, including online resources
- Teaching large and small groups of learners from a range of backgrounds, abilities and ages
- Monitoring, assessing and marking students’ work
- Maintaining accurate records and monitoring students’ progress
- Setting and overseeing examinations and liaising with awarding bodies to ensure quality standards are met
- Carrying out a pastoral role as a personal tutor to students
- Conducting tutorials on a one-to-one basis with learners
- Planning additional support for students, as necessary
- Contributing to course team meetings to monitor, review and evaluate relevant courses
- Representing the college at parents’ evenings, taster days, open days and careers or education conventions
- Maintaining knowledge of, and implementing, college policies
- Interviewing potential students and conducting diagnostic assessments as necessary
- Liaising with other educational professionals and organisations
- A minimum of M.Phil degree in the relevant area
- Must have taught in a tertiary institution for at least 2 years
- Must show evidence of contribution to the learning/promotion of the subject
- A successful applicant will undertake research and teaching, internship supervision, counselling service and other responsibilities that may be assigned
- Non-PhD holders must not be less than forty (40) years by September 2014