University of Education Winneba MPhil Programmes
The following are University of Education Winneba MPhil Programmes:
FACULTY OF LANGUAGES EDUCATION
- PhD-Applied Linguistics
- M Phil-French
- M Phil-English
- M Phil-Applied Linguistics
- M Phil.-Ghanaian Language Studies
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES EDUCATION
- M Phil-Social Studies.
- Phil-Human Rights
FACULTY OF EDUCATIONAL STUDIES
- M Phil-Guidance and Counselling
- M Phil-Special Education
- Phil-Assessment in Special Education
- M Phil-Educational Administration & Management
- M.Phil-Basic Education
SCHOOL OF CREATIVE ARTS
- M Phil-Music Education/Composition
- M Phil-Arts and Culture
FACULTY OF SCIENCE EDUCATION
- M Phil-Home Economics
- M Phil-Science Education
- M Phil-Mathematics Education
- M Phil-Physical Education
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE EDUCATION
- M Phil-Agriculture Education
FACULTY OF VOCATIONAL AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION
- M Phil-Wood Science and Technology
- M Phil-Construction Technology
FACULTY OF EDUCATION AND COMMUNICATION SCIENCES
- M Phil-Educational Leadership
PROGRAMMES TO BE OFFERED ON PART-TIME BASIS
- PHD PROGRAMMES
Applicants should possess a researched Masters Degree in the relevant field of study. In addition, applicants should submit:
i.Not more than a four-page proposal,defining the specific area of interest, brief description of any previous study conducted on the subject and justification for the study.
ii.Names of three referees, two of whom should be conversant with the applicants’ academic work.
B.M PHIL/ M A PROGRAMMES
Applicants should possess:
i.A good Bachelor’s Degree with Education component (eg. B.Ed), from the University of Education (UEW) or its equivalent from a recognized
University in the relevant field of study, or
ii.A good Bachelor’s Degree without Education e.g. (B.A, BSc) from an accredited university
iii.M.Ed or equivalent qualifications withrelevant course content. Such applicant may be required to do the M. Phil programme within one year.
with a degree from any field of study can apply for Human Rights and
Communication and Media Studies.Applicants must pass an interview.
- M.A. EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP AND M. ED PROGRAMMES
i.A good Bachelor’s Degree with Education component (eg. B.Ed), from a recognized University in the relevant field of study.
with B A, or BSc degree without education must also have a Postgraduate
Diploma in Education or Diploma in Education
groups of applicants without teacher qualification may be admitted to
the Master of Education(Science Education-Sandwich) programme:
- i) Applicants with first degree in the
Sciences or the Applied Sciences who are teaching in an educational institution.
- ii) Applicants with first degree in Sciences or the Applied Sciences who are desirous of acquiring teacher education.
iii) Applicants with qualifications that are evaluated by UEW as equivalent to first degrees.