UEW Official Facebook Page
Click here to visit official Facebook page of uew-Winneba, Ghana. 54K likes. Contact Us Reception: 0332322036, 0332322042 Admission: W’ba:…
The University of Education, Winneba (UEW) is a University in Winneba, Central Region of Ghana. Its main aim is to train teachers for the education system of Ghana. The University of Education, Winneba is charged with the responsibility of teacher education and producing professional educators to spearhead a new national vision of education aimed at redirecting Ghana’s efforts along the path of rapid economic and social development. The University of Education, Winneba is expected to play a leading role in Ghana’s drive to produce scholars whose knowledge would be fully responsive to the realities and exigencies of contemporary Ghana.
The university has twenty-nine academic departments and centres, seven faculties. It also has 18 distance education regional study centres throughout Ghana.
In addition to three campuses in Winneba where its administrative office is located, the University has three extra campuses in addition to over 20 study centres:
- The College of Technology Education – Kumasi Campus
- The College of Agriculture Education – Mampong Campus
- The College of Languages Education – Ajumako Campus
College of Agriculture Education – Mampong Campus
The Asante Mampong Campus hosts the College of Agriculture Education and is situated 51 kilometres north-east of Kumasi.
The Asante Mampong campus is the home of the Faculty of Agriculture Education, and the Faculty of Science and Environment Education.
Faculty of Agriculture Education
- Department of Agricultural Engineering
- Department of Animal Science Education
- Department of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Department of Soil and Crop Science Education
Faculty of Science and Environmental Education
- Department of Science Education
- Department of Environmental Health & Sanitation Science