UAH va Office
Our Military & Veterans Programs Office serves military veterans and their dependents during their time as students at UAH. The MVP staff supports students transitioning to and while at UAH and provides students with information about VA educational benefits and certifies GI Bill benefits.
The MVP Office is located in the Charger Union (CCU) in room 223C. Stop by to meet our staff and visit with other veterans.
New Certifying Process
Starting with registration for Summer 2016, the MVP Office will follow a new process to certify benefits for new and current students. The new personalized VA Certification Program can be found under the Services menu. The new process is designed to ensure benefits are processed in a timely manner and allows the student to have more control in the process. Here are a few highlights of the new process:
- Returning students will note that the Veterans Semester Enrollment Form (Blue Form) is now referred to as the Enrollment Verification Form. This form can still be found in the same location under the Financial Aid tab of my.uah.edu and also on this site.
- The new process uses a paper form and students will be required to print the form, have it signed by their Academic Advisor and submitted to the MVP Office in Charger Union 223.
- Academic Advisors are aware of the new process and will be expecting students to submit the form.
- This form must be submitted each semester to receive benefits.
Priority Processing Dates
Priority processing dates have been established by the UAH MVP Office to ensure students are certified in a timely manner and should receive benefits by the start of the semester. Students may submit their forms after the priority processing deadline but should make financial plans knowing that benefits will not be received by the first day of class.
- Summer 2016 – April 15th
- Fall 2016 – July 1st
- Spring 2017 – November 1st
The Veterans Access, Choice and Accountability Act of 2014 (“Choice Act”) requires institutions to charge qualifying Veterans and dependents tuition and fees at the in state rate. It is the responsibility of the student to understand the requirements and to apply for in state rates by completing the Application for Determination of Alabama Residency for Tuition Purposes at The University of Alabama in Huntsville.
We are excited to announce the addition of the VA Work-study Program to the MVP Office. When students call or visit the office, they may be assisted by a student who has been trained to answer questions and assist students with various processes.
Veterans Services Office
Veterans Services Coordinator
Charger Union 223C
301 Sparkman Drive
Huntsville, AL 35899