UAH’S Joint Undergraduate Master’s Program (JUMP):
UAH’s Joint Undergraduate Master’s Program (JUMP) allows undergraduate students to study at the graduate level. By taking graduate courses in your senior year you could reduce the time taken to get a graduate (MS or MA) degree.
Benefits for you:
- No entrance exam!
- Double count undergrad classes for grad degree!
- Pay undergrad tuition for grad classes taken as a JUMP student!
- No application fee!
How to JUMP!
- Apply any time before your last semester.
- Meet with your college JUMP advisor and submit application.
|Your Current Undergraduate Degree||Desired JUMP Master Degree||JUMP Advisor|
|Aerospace Engineering||Aerospace Systems Engineeringfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Aerospace Engineering||Mechanical Engineeringemail@example.com|
|Biology||Biology||Dr. Moriarity firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Business – All Programs||Business – All Programs||Ms. Pettitt email@example.com|
|Chemical Engineering||Chemical Engineering||Dr. Krishnan Chittur firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chemistry||Chemistry||Dr. Scholz email@example.com|
|Civil & Environmental Engineering||Civil & Environmental Engineering||Dr. Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Computer Engineering||Computer Engineering||Dr. English email@example.com|
|Computer Program Engineering||Software Engineering||Dr. Gaede firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Computer Science||Computer Science||Dr. Weisskopf email@example.com|
|Earth Systems Science||Atmospheric Science||Dr. Carey firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Electrical Engineering||Electrical Engineering||Dr. English email@example.com|
|English||English||Dr. Bollinger firstname.lastname@example.org|
|History||History||Dr. Waring email@example.com|
|Industrial Systems Engineering||Industrial Systems Engineering||Dr. Collopy firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mathematics||Mathematics||Dr. Zhang email@example.com|
|Mechanical Engineering||Aerospace Systems Engineeringfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical Engineeringemail@example.com|
|Physics||Physics||Dr. James Miller firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Political Science||Public Affairs||Dr. Pottenger email@example.com@uah.edu|
More JUMP! programs are being established if yours is not listed above.
We think the JUMP! Program is a win-win, but find out why from a student who’s enrolled in the program.
Official Rules for JUMP!
- For admission to JUMP, students must meet overall GPA requirements* of the college. GPA includes all transfer coursework.
- Only courses taken at UAH and listed on JUMP application are eligible.
- Students must receive a B in each JUMP course for it to count towards graduate degree.
- Students must maintain minimum overall GPA throughout JUMP program until graduation.
- All coursework must be completed within six years of taking first JUMP class.
- Students are considered undergraduate students until all requirements for undergraduate degree are met.
- Students cannot hold a GTA, GRA, or graduate scholarship or fellowship until undergraduate degree is completed.
- If a change is made to initial JUMP application both a JUMP change form and a change to student’s undergraduate Program of Study (POS) must be submitted for approval.
- If student’s GPA upon graduation is less than the required minimum, the student does not receive admission to the graduate degree program automatically. Student must apply to the graduate school with admission test score and graduate application. Courses will be counted as if the student had been a non-degree seeking graduate student.
- Email Graduate School when you submit your application for undergraduate graduation.
*Minimum GPA requirements by college or program