Welcome to the Office of Human Resources at The University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH).
UAH is the educational hub of a thriving metropolitan area where professional satisfaction and career achievement are paired with optimal quality of life in a community that has received nearly unprecedented rankings and recognition for job growth and quality of life. Huntsville boasts a thriving economy and one of the highest per capita incomes in the Southeast. The city has the highest number of engineers on a per capita basis in the country with six percent of the workforce, and also has the highest number of Ph.D.’s per capita in America. TechAmerica Foundation reported that Huntsville’s concentration of high-tech workers is second in the nation to San Jose’s Silicon Valley. The local public school systems are rated among the top in the region, and residents enjoy year-round outdoor recreation in a temperate climate where relaxed hospitality reigns. Acclaimed museums, arts, and cultural events offer ample options for education, diversion, and entertainment. These factors reflect the values of a family-focused community characterized by an affordable cost of living and big-city amenities.
The city has generated several accolades during the last few years:
- USA Today: Huntsville is one of five communities leading the economic recovery
- Relocate America named Huntsville the country’s Best Place to Live
- Forbes magazine: Huntsville is one of the Top 10 Smartest Cities in the World
- FDI Magazine (The Business of Globalization) named Huntsville one of the Top 5 Small Cities of the Future in North & South America
- Area Development named Huntsville a leading hotbed for high-tech growth
- Kiplinger’s: Huntsville is one of the Top 10 cities for raising families
- CNNMoney.com: Huntsville is one of the nation’s most affordable cities
In the middle of the city is The University of Alabama in Huntsville, a public co-educational, state-supported research university. UAH is the anchor tenant in Cummings Research Park, the second largest university-related research park in the United States. The campus is ranked among U.S. News & World Report’s Tier 1 national universities, and is rated as a “very high research activity” institution by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, one of only 73 public universities in the nation holding that distinction. Learn more about UAH.
The University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH) is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer of minorities / females / veterans / disabled.
Laurel C. Long
Associate Vice President for Human Resources
Coord I, Human Resources
Human Resources Generalist II
Human Resources Assistant