UAH Employments Opportunities For College of Education
May 3, 2017
Full-time Lecturer in Teacher Education
The University of Alabama in Huntsville College of Education seeks a full-time Lecturer in Teacher Education. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual committed to promoting just, equitable, and inclusive education to teach in the elementary and secondary education foundation courses.
The Teacher Education Program serves undergraduate and graduate candidates in the areas of Biology, Chemistry, Collaborative Education (special education), Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, English Language Arts, Foreign Languages, General Science, History, Mathematics, Middle Grades Education, Physical Education, Physics, and General Social Sciences. All programs have achieved regional and national recognition for excellence and are approved by the Alabama State Department of Education and NCATE accredited. The College also offers a 5th year Alternative Master’s initial license (Master of Arts in Teaching degree) and a Master of Education degree. For detailed information about the department, visit http://www.uah.edu/education.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in foundations of education, multicultural education, instructional strategies, classroom management, educational psychology, and assessment;
- Supervise students in field experiences or internships, as needed;
- Collaborate with colleagues to conduct program/course planning and revision;
- Engage in scholarly endeavors, including presentations and publications;
- Provide academic advisement and mentoring to students;
- Review and assess students’ work;
- Attend faculty meetings;
- Provide service to the University, College and Profession.
- Doctoral-level degree (Ph.D. or Ed.D.) in education, curriculum and instruction, or education-related field from an accredited institution;
- Three or more years of full-time teaching (grades K-12) in public schools;
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to work effectively in the education of linguistically and culturally diverse school-aged students;
- Demonstrated potential for scholarly and creative activity;
- Knowledge of research and current best practices of teaching diverse students;
- Commitment to ongoing professional development to maintain currency in the field;
- Experience using current technology to support teaching and learning.
- Long-term, successful instruction in a K-12 setting;
- Leadership experience in education profession, including involvement with K-12 partnerships, collaborations and community outreach;
- In-depth understanding of current state and national teacher education issues and research;
- Knowledge and experience in designing and facilitating online and blended delivery courses
Rank and Salary
This is a non-tenure earning full-time lecturer position. Salary will be competitive and commensurate to experience, and qualifications. An excellent comprehensive benefits package is available.
Fall 2017 or later
Interested candidates must submit a letter of interest (relating your experiences to the required and preferred qualifications and responsibilities of the position), curriculum vitae, official transcripts, one or two recent scholarly publications or scholarly works (such as presentations) in progress and three current letters of recommendation (within the past year) to:
Lecturer Faculty Search
UAH College of Education
Roberts Hall 323
301 Sparkman Drive
Huntsville, AL 35899
*Please note: digital submissions via email are preferred over mailed submissions.
Please direct any questions related to the position to: Dr. Derrick Smith, Dept. of Curriculum and Learning Chairperson. To learn more about UAH, please visit: http://www.uah.edu
To assure full consideration, application materials should be submitted no later than May 29, 2017. Position is open until filled.
The University of Alabama in Huntsville is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer of minorities/females/veterans/disabled.
Please refer to log number 17-18-612.
Part Time Instructors in Curriculum and Instruction
JOB DESCRIPTION/REQUIREMENTS: The University of Alabama in Huntsville seeks highly qualified faculty to teach courses and/or serve as university supervisors for student internships in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction. The qualified candidate will possess the following skills:
- • Knowledge of subject matter and course content;
- • Knowledge of instructional design and effective teaching techniques;
- • Ability to instruct, motivate, and evaluate students;
- • Ability to use computers, MS Office software, and internet sources;
- • Ability to learn the online learning systems used by UAH for posting grades and attendance at the minimum;
- • Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- • Minimum of a Master’s Degree with 18 hours of graduate level courses in the following: Social Studies Education (requires an Ed.S. or higher degree); Special Education/Collaborative Teaching; Curriculum and Instruction, Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education; and Foreign Language Education.
- • Minimum of three years of appropriate K-12 teaching experience.
- • Higher education teaching experience (preferred).
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested candidates should submit a Resume or CV; a cover letter highlighting your teaching experience, particular interest, and your availability (day, evening, etc.); official transcripts from all universities attended; and two (2) letters of recommendation requested prior to hire date.
Required documents should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct any questions related to the position to: Dr. Derrick Smith, Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Curriculum and Instruction (email@example.com).
The University of Alabama in Huntsville is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer/ minorities/ females/ veterans/ disabled.
Part-Time Instructors: Kinesiology
The University of Alabama at Huntsville seeks highly qualified faculty to teach courses in the Department of Kinesiology. The qualified candidate will possess the following skills:
- Knowledge of subject matter and course content
- Knowledge of instructional design and effective teaching techniques
- Ability to instruct, motivate, and evaluate students
- Ability to use computers, MS Office software, and internet sources
- Ability to learn the online learning systems used by UAH for posting grades and attendance at the minimum
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
Master’s degree with 18 hours of graduate level courses in Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, or Physical Education. Higher education teaching experience preferred.
- Resume or C.V.
- Cover letter
- Official transcripts and letters of recommendation requested prior to hire date
Required documents should be submitted electronically to LaConna.Cyganiak@uah.edu.
Please direct any questions related to the position to: Dr. Shannon Mathis, Assistant Professor, Kinesiology Department (Shannon.Mathis@uah.edu) or LaConna Cyganiak, Staff Assistant (LaConna.Cyganiak@uah.edu).