UAH Graduate Financial AidScholarshipsFederal Aid:
- February 27, 2017 – Summer School Registration Open.
- May 1st, 2016 – Priority deadline for Summer Financial Aid.
- June 30th, 2016 – Final Deadline for Summer Financial Aid.
How to Apply
The Office of Financial Aid will evaluate your eligibility once you have completed the steps below:
- Register for Summer Courses. NOTE: If you change your Summer enrollment, you must notify the Office of Financial Aid immediately. Any change in enrollment could affect aid eligibility.
- Notify us that you are interested in summer aid eligibility by logging into my.uah.edu and following these steps:
- Go to the Financial Aid tab
- Select Award
- Select Award for Aid Year
- Select Resources/Additional Information Tab
- Answer Summer 2017 Question
- For Federal Loans and/or Federal Pell Grant, complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov. If you have already completed a 2016-2017 FAFSA, you do not need to complete a new one.
Once your eligibility has been evaluated, you will receive an email notification in your UAH email account.
- Students must complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov. If you have already completed a 2016-2017 FAFSA, you do not need to complete a new one.
- You must register for Summer 2017 Courses before your eligibility will be evaluated.
- You must be fully admitted to a degree seeking program at UAH.
- You must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- You cannot be in default on a student loan or owe a repayment to a Federal Grant.
- Receipt of additional financial assistance from any source could affect Federal Aid eligibility. Failure to report other sources of aid may result in required repayment of Federal Aid funds.
- Students may only be eligible for Summer Pell Grant funds if they were enrolled less than full time during the Fall and/or Spring semesters and did not use all of their Pell Grant eligibility during the current academic year.
- Graduate students are not eligible to receive a Pell Grant.
- You must be enrolled in at least half-time (6 UAH hours for Undergraduate students / 3 UAH hours for Graduate Students) to be eligible for a student loan.
- The Office of Financial Aid will evaluate eligibility for student loans.
- Loans received in previous semesters for the 2016-2017 academic year will affect Summer 2017 loan eligibility.
- Students who have already received the maximum loan amount(s) for the 2016-2017 academic year will not be eligible for summer loans. If a student has progressed a grade level (i.e. Sophomore to Junior) additional funds may be available and eligibility will be evaluated.
- Students who have reached the aggregate (lifetime) loan limits for their level are not eligible for additional loan funds.
Summer Disbursement of Funds
- Pell Grants will be disbursed in the Summer Session where the student begins attendance. (i.e. If the student has 3 hours during the Summer 1 Session and 3 hours for the Summer 2 Session, the Pell Grant will be disbursed to the Student’s account during the Summer 1 Session. NOTE: In this example, dropping the Summer 2 Session course before it begins would result in the student owing back Pell Grant money.)
- Summer loans will be disbursed in the Summer Session where the student begins attendance.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Dropping courses may result in the student owing back money. Any change in enrollment should be reported to Office of Financial Aid.