UAH Graduate Admission Process:
Apply for Admission
Apply for admission using our online application. Priority admittance will be given to individuals who apply by the following dates:
- Sept. 1 (if currently living outside the United States)
- Nov. 30 (if currently living inside the United States)
- Feb. 1 (if currently living outside the United States)
- March 15 (if currently living inside the United States)
- April 1 (if currently living outside the United States)
- June 1 (if currently living inside the United States)
Once your application has been submitted and all supporting documentation have been received, it typically takes approximately 15-30 business days for an admissions decision to be made. U.S. Citizens may apply non-degree seeking if there is not sufficient time to for an admission decision or to acquire necessary documents.
- Transcripts – Send your official transcripts to UAH through an electronic delivery service such as Docufide/Parchment, E-Scrip, or Student Clearinghouse. If your school does not have access to these services, you can request that they send your official hard-copy transcripts to:
UAH Graduate Admissions
301 Sparkman Drive
Huntsville, AL 35899
- GRE/GMAT/MAT scores – Have your official scores sent directly to UAH by the testing agency.
Check out our Application Checklist to help you get started and to answer all of our Frequently Asked Questions.
Apply for Aid
- Apply for UAH scholarships.
You may apply to departmental scholarships and outside scholarships, as well as the UAH Foundation Presidential Scholarship.
- Apply for federal aid if needed.
- Work Study
Join us during one of our graduate orientation dates prior to the start of the semester to start your term on the right foot. Our goal is to acquaint you with UAH personnel, services, policies and procedures as a newcomer to The University of Alabama in Huntsville.
Take a look at our Graduate Visit Campus page for current orientation dates available.
Admitted students are requested to RSVP to let us know you will attend. Don’t delay; space is limited.
Can’t attend? All students will be emailed general orientation information so they don’t miss out. Until then, be sure to review our Newly Admitted Graduate Student Guide to help you get started before the first day of classes.
- Contact your academic advisor and/or department to plan your academic program.
- Register for classes.
- Pay your tuition prior to the first day of class.
- Start class!