Abertay University Bursaries
Bursaries of up to £1,750 for each year of study are available to students from the rest of the UK (RUK) who are commencing their undergraduate studies in September 2016 and whose household income is assessed as less than £34,000 per year.
Eligibility for the award is based on household income declared to the Student Loans Company, and the award is o ered for the full duration of the undergraduate degree programme provided that you continue to meet the household income criteria.
|Household Income||RUK Bursary|
|£17,000 – £23,999||£1,000|
|£24,000 – £33,999||£500|
How do I apply?
The deadline for applications is 30 September 2016. When you apply to the Student Loans Company for a student loan they will assess your household income.
If you meet the eligibility criteria outlined above, the University will send you an email con rming the award of the bursary and ask you to con rm your acceptance of the bursary.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible you must meet all of the following conditions:
- Have been classi ed as rest of UK (RUK) fee status by Abertay University
- Have received an o er of a place for entry to Abertay University as a full-time undergraduate student in September 2016
- Have registered at Abertay University for your course in September 2016
- Be assessed by the Student Loans Company (SLC) as having a veri ed household income less than £34,000 per year
- Be resident in the UK
- Be applying for your rst undergraduate degree
How is the bursary paid?
The bursary is paid into your bank account in two instalments (end of October/end of February). You can also choose to take the award as a discount from either tuition fees or University accommodation.
For more info on bursaries, please visit abertay.ac.uk/studying/money-fees-fundi ng/fees
We understand that applying to university can be stressful.
If you need more information or would just like to chat to someone, drop our Recruitment O cer Rona Whittet an email at email@example.com or call 01382 308 953.