Abertay University Alumni
Our Abertay Alumni Network is a strong and diverse community of over 25,000 alumni who live and work throughout the world and are proud to say they studied at Abertay. Find out all about the benefits of being an alumni, how to stay in touch with us and the best ways get involved…
Fowlie International Scholarship
The Fowlie International Scholarship is open to Abertay alumni who are planning to study a full-time postgraduate degree at Abertay University in Academic year 2017/18. The Scholarship entails either a £1,500 (for Home, Rest of UK, and EU status students) or £3,500 (for International students) as well as 25% reduction of their fees.
Closing date for completed applications is Friday 2 June 2017.
For more information, please download the Fowlie International Scholarship – guidance notes 2017 and apply using the Fowlie International Scholarship – application form 2017.
Notable alumni and staff
- Shehzad Afzal, Game designer
- Roger Ball, musician, founding member Average White Band
- Vikki Bunce, Scottish hockey player
- Malcolm Duncan, musician, founding member Average White Band
- Joe FitzPatrick, Scottish National Party MSP, Scottish Government Minister for Parliamentary Business
- Stewart Hosie, Scottish National Party MP
- David Jones, DMA Design founder – now Rockstar North – creator of GTA and Lemmings franchises
- Steven Lewis, Design Director, Crytek UK
- Iain McNicol, General Secretary of the Labour Party (UK)
- Stuart McMillan, Scottish National Party MSP
- Andy Nicol, Scottish Rugby Union player, team captain; also represented the Barbarians and British Lions
- Gavin Clydesdale Reid, economist and past President of the Scottish Economic Society (1999–2002)
- William Samson, former staff member and Scottish astronomer, mathematician, and computer scientist
- Sir Brian Souter, Stagecoach founder