University of Alabama at Birmingham Logo
Our story is one of remarkable growth in size, quality, reputation and impact. In a little more than four decades, UAB has transformed from its modest beginnings as an extension center into a doctoral research university and academic medical center. And we have the same audacious vision that led our founders to dream big dreams:
To educate, advance discovery, care for the sick, respond to the needs of our community and establish Alabama as a progressive economic center that can change the world
Proper logo use
Putting the UAB logo on your print and electronic communications connects you to the reputation of UAB, its schools and departments. It’s also required by UAB.
There are several approved logos — including special logos for departments and programs — and we can help you get the right version for your site, publication or collateral.
These guidelines ensure UAB logos are used appropriately:
- The UAB logo must be the dominant element of any communication for the university, research initiatives and community-based services.
- The logo should be surrounded on all sides by clear space, no less than one-half the height of the UAB monogram. Do not print graphics, rules, typography or other elements in this area.
- The wordmark should always appear as Avenir LT Standard 85 Heavy ALL CAPS.
- The tagline should always appear as Avenir LT STD 85 Heavy, left justified and proportionally set to 80 percent of the Standard UAB logo.
- There is no period at the end of the tagline.
- It is preferred that the logo appear as two-color: the monogram is PMS 3425 Forest Green and the wordmark and tagline in black. Other color variations include one color black or white (reversed.)
NOTE: Use of the UAB logo in conjunction with the logos or marks of other organizations (including corporate sponsors and government entities) in any publication, advertisement or other external communication must be reviewed by the UAB Office of Public Relations and Marketing.
Logos on this page are for demonstration purposes only. Download them here.