University of Alabama at Birmingham Alpha Kappa Alpha
- Description: Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated is an international service organization that was founded on the campus of Howard University in Washington, D.C. in 1908. It is the oldest Greek-lettered organization established by African-American, college-educated women.
- Website: http://www.AKA1908.com
- Alpha Kappa Alpha
- Iota Phi
- For publication purposes, tell us about your Organization: The Iota Phi Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated was chartered on May 17, 1975 on the campus of the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Our undergraduate chapter works to fulfill the purpose of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated by maintaining high scholastic and ethical standards as well as providing “service to ALL mankind.”
- Selection Process: UAB requires that all students pursuing the organizations of the National Pan-Hellenic Council attend at least one Greek Speak Session offered in the fall and spring semesters before going through a membership intake process.
Undergraduate Membership requirements:
Matriculation as a full-time student;
Completion of at least one successful grading period as a full-time student at the institution where application of membership is made;
A cumulative average of C+ and semester average of C+ immediately prior to submitting an application for membership.;
Attendance at the official Rush.;
Prospective members must have high ethical and moral standards.
- Organization Email Address: @uab.edu
- President’s Name: Tyeirra Seabrook
- President’s Email Address: email@example.com
- Advisor’s Name: Susanne Matthews
- Advisor’s Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org