Requirements For University of Ghana
- A good first degree (at least a second class lower division) in a relevant field of study at the University of Ghana or any recognized University.
- For purposes of assessing an applicant’s eligibility, he/she may be required to take an entrance examination and/or interview at the Department/Institute/School/Centre.
- For programmes marked with asterisks (*), all applicants are admitted into the MA/MSc programme at the first instance. Students who obtain an average of B+ or better MAY progress to the MPhil programme upon recommendation by the Head of Department in consultation with the Graduate Studies Committee of his/her Department.
- Admission to any of the PhD programmes will require a relevant masters’ degree. It will also be limited to candidates whose academic and scholastic records show a potential for successful completion of doctoral degree programme.
- All PhD programmes in the University are now fee-paying and the durations are:
i. Full-Time – Four (4) years
ii. Part-Time – Six (6) years
For more details in respect of Admission requirements, applicants are advised to contact the various Departments/Schools/Institutes/Centres for additional information on the various programmes.
PROGRAMME- SPECIFIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
A minimum of two to three years working experience is required from all applicants desiring to pursue programmes at the University of Ghana Business School.
a. MBA Management Information Systems
Prospective applicants must have at least two (2) years working experience in an IT environment to qualify for admission.
b. MPhil (Food Utilization and Community Nutrition)
Applicants must have a strong science background to qualify for admission.
c. MPhil/MA English
Applicants seeking admission to these programmes must have:
1. Majored in either a combined or single major programme
2. taken at least 30 credits in the subject
d. MSc. Audiology
Applicants must have a good first degree (minimum FGPA of 3.0) in Physics, Psychology,Biological Sciences, and Special Education with major in Communication Disorder or Nursing(BSc.)
e. MPhil Social work
Applicants are to submit one page essay (single spaced) stating their short and long-term career goals.
They are to also discuss how a graduate programme in Social Work will help them achieve these goals. (The essay should be submitted directly to this email address, email@example.com)
f. MPhil Anatomy
Applicants should first discuss their research ideas with the Department before completing application forms.
g. MPhil Chemical Pathology
Applicants will be required to show proof of funding for their project work.
h. MPhil Pharmacology
The programme is open to applicants who possess BSc degrees with a minimum of second class lower division in any science subject (Biomedical, Biological, Physics with Biology)
i. MSc Medical Laboratory Sciences
Applicants must hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences with a FGPA of not less than 3.25 or possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Sciences
with a minimum of second class (upper) from a recognized university.